How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33538
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

If a child is taken into local authority care, are the

This answer was rated:

Hi, if a child is taken into local authority care, are the parents still financially liable ie. would they have to make maintenance payments ?
If the maintenance is for the upkeep of the child then you would not be expected to make payments either to the former partner or indeed to the LA when a child is in care - happy to discussPlease rate positively
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, you state in your answer 'If the maintenance is for the upkeep of the child' - what other forms of maintenance are there ?
There can be arrangements where you are paying money to the wife arising from her needs
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
(spousal maintenance). However if the maintenance just relates to the child (most do) then you would not need to pay if the child has been taken into care.Please remember to rate