How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33529
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My daughter is 18 and going to university in september.She

This answer was rated:

My daughter is 18 and going to university in september.She is renting a flat with her boyfriend. I have a court order saying that i need to pay maintenance until the age of 18 or cease full time tertiary education. Does that mean i still have to pay maintenance for the next 4 years, she will be taking a cap year and working for one of those years.
You do not need to pay maintenance after she reaches the age of 18 - University does not count as 'full time education'. You will no longer have to pay the money to your ex and may consider helping your child in other ways and your daughter could technically make a claim against you herself. However you no longer need to pay the ex.I hope that this helpsPlease rate positively for me - thanks
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you my ex said that teriary education includes unversity education. I have look this word up and it really is not that clear if it includes unerversity or not.