How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33355
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I wish to know how I can get to speak to my daughter in

This answer was rated:

I wish to know how I can get to speak to my daughter in UK and meet her. My wife is not allowing her to speak to me or meet me. She just disconnects the phone. My wife is a PR in UK and I am in India with Indian passport. Its very painful for me to be away from my daughter. Pl advise.
You are entitled to speak with your child if there are no safeguarding concerns. You would if agreement can not be reached need to apply to the court for a child arrangement order seeking either direct or indirect contact with her. It is very straight forward and you are entitled to make such an application.Happy to discuss - however please rate positively
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your response. Is there a way I can also take up a legal recourse as my wife has deserted me as well as my son who is into depression and is a UK passport holder. In effect my wife has inflicted deep emotional injuries by depriving my son ,daughter and me for the last 10 years. How do I file a case from India to the courts of UK? Will the courts allow such family law suits for a vic***** *****ving in another country?

You would still be entitled to bring a claim for 'contact' even if you are outside the country - but obviously you would need to get solicitors in the UK and also potentially seek video conferencing with the court. All if these things are feasible. The second question is outside the scope of this question - happy to answer but please rate positively first.Thanks
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
You can sadly not bring a claim for compensation for the depression of not seeing the children - it would be against public policy to be able to bring such a claim.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not wish any financial compensation or reconciliation from my wife. I only want my wife to meet my son and speak to him and counsel him emotionally so that he starts leading a normal life. I am worried he may not be in a position to cope with his depression. I wish to avert any negative outcomes. And secondly, I want her to allow me to conduct my fatherly responsibilities of nurturing my daughter who has been emotional deprived due to not knowing why her mother deprives her meeting with her father. I have enough whats app text to show that my daughter is deeply anguished by this suppression

Well then you will need to make the application to the court for a child arrangement order as discussed above. That is your vehicle to achieve this.