How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33675
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My ex partner was paying child support thought child support

This answer was rated:

My ex partner was paying child support thought child support agency, now he's ask the agency if he could pay him direct I told them no and that I wanted more time. Last week I got a letter in the post asking for my consent for my bank details to be forward to my ex partner and now I'm getting phone calls from child support. What can I do to stop this pressure of not given in to what they want?
Can you provide some more information
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my kids dad is paying child Maintenance and now he is asking them the child maintenance if he could pay direct to me. I told them no I don't want that but child maintenance is making it out like I have no choice. I have received a form in the post stating I have to sign to give consent for him to have my bank details, I haven't sign it as yet now I'm getting phone calls from child Maintenance to sign to form. I feel pressure and bully into signing this form. What's gonna happen if I don't sign the form?
Direct payments should only be undertaken in child support agency case if both parties agree. Equally where a receiving parent does not trust that the payments will be made by the payer this would be a reason not to allow/agree to direct pay. If you are being pressurised by the CSA in this regard (basically it is less work for them) you should stand firm and ask to speak to a team leader and make it clear your position.Happy to discussPlease rate positively
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you
That information helps.
My pleasure - but can you please just rate me positively - thanks