How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33362
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

If I remarry,could my new wife make a financial claim

This answer was rated:

Hello.If I remarry,could my new wife make a financial claim against my exwife's property which I still part own? The divorce agreement on the property was that she would continue to live in it and I would leave my share to our children upon my death.
If it remains an asset which you continue to own then your new wife could should you divorce seek to make a claim on that property. This is because despite your desire to leave your share to your children it still remains an asset within any potential divorce pot.I hope that helpsPlease remember to rate positively - thanks
Please remember to rate positively - happy to continue to discuss
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.This being the case,can we,my new wife and I,enter into a legal contract forbidding at any point in time,either of us being able to make any claim against the others' property ?
You can enter into a pre nup agreement - they are not completely binding - but the court is taking them into account much more often.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
my pleasure