How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1436
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I am a non resident parent of a 17 year old boy, he attends

This answer was rated:

I am a non resident parent of a 17 year old boy, he attends college for 2 1/2 days a week and works full time for the remainder of the week including weekends; and has done for the last 6 months - earning approx £200 per week.
I have just received a new maintenance assessment increasing the cost of maintenance to £375 per month; does/should any of his income be used in the maintenance assessment?
Hello Roger
Thank you for your question.
The Child Maintainance Service do not take your sons earnings into account.
As long as your sons college course is classed as Further Education (and not Advanced Education - which is normally University Level) and he is studying more than 12 hours a week (to be classed as full time) the Child Maintenance will still be payable.
Kind Regards
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. We receive no credit for our unless positive feedback is received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you