How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33360
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My case is about an abusive husband in a way he just treat

This answer was rated:

My case is about an abusive husband in a way he just treat me invisible in our communal house and giving more attention to the other girl who live in the house whose role meant to help me out look after my twin girls. I want to move out of the house with my girls but want to know the best move in a legal way.
Well you have a number of options - if he is being abusive towards you then you can apply to the court for a non molestation order to protect yourself from him. This is an order from the court which can keep him away from you and from contacting you for a period of time - basically maintaining that you stay safe. It is aimed at preventing your partner or ex-partner from using or threatening violence against you or your child, or intimidating, harassing or pestering you, in order to ensure the health, safety and well-being of yourself and your children.You may also be able to apply for an occupation order. An occupation order is an order issued by the court which sets out who has the right to stay, return or be excluded from a family home. An occupation order doesn't change the financial shares in a home. It is usually a short-term measure and the length of time that it lasts will depend on your circumstances. In many cases an order will last for 6 or 12 months and some can be renewed.An order can only be made for a property where you both live, did live, or intended to live in as the family home. I hope this helps - happy to discuss. Please remember to rate positively
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you