How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1437
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I need assistance with getting Visitation rights to my Children...

This answer was rated:

I need assistance with getting Visitation rights to my Children... I do not have PR
Welcome to Just Answer
Thank you for your question. I am a family Solicitor and can help you.
I am sorry to hear that you are being denied a relationship with your children.
It is a child's right to be able to spend time with both of their parents unless there are child protection concerns which mean that it would not be safe to do so.
If you are being denied the opportunity of spending time with your children, then you should follow this process:
Before an application can be made to court, matters first have to be referred to mediation. If you do not do this the court will likely reject your application. You can self refer to mediation through an organisation such as National Family Mediation
If you can't resolve matters at mediation then you need to complete Form C100 and send them to your local court seeking a child arrangement order to spend time with your children. The court fee is £215.
If you don't have parental responsibility (not named on the birth certificate or married to the children's mother when they were born) - then you will also have to ask for permission to apply to the court. If this applies to you - you should also ask the court for a parental responsibility order as well as a child arrangement order.
The court has a fee remission scheme. You should complete form Ex160 and send it to the court with your application to see if you are eligible for a fee remission/ reduction.
It is best to start dealing with matters now. The longer matters are left - the harder it will be to re-establish a relationship with your children quickly.
Kind regards
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. Positive feedback is gratefully received. Please note we don't receive any credit for our work unless positive feedback is received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you