How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1389
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Can I really with my grandson as the mother doesn't

This answer was rated:

Can I really for contact with my grandson as the mother doesn't comply with the contact order that my son has in place again because she doesn't take any notice of what the judge or cafcas says
Welcome to Just Answer
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor and will assist you.
I am sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are experiencing with the mother of your grandchild.
If you already have a court order confirming that you are able to spend time with your grandchild then the correct process is for you to return matters back to court to seek enforcement of the court order. The courts do have power to order unpaid work, compensation or even review any position in relation to residence.
It does sound like Cafcass and the Judge are supportive of you spending time with your Grandchild.
It is true that courts are unwilling sometimes to penalise, but if the mother is continually flaunting the court will listen and eventually penalise.
Perhaps she's hoping that you will just give in? You should persist.
You could also ask the Court to consider making a Family Assistance Order. This is were Cafcass can befriend the child and also work with the adults to try and promote the relationship.
Kind Regards
Please remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The order that my son has is actually a enforcement order but getting him to go back into court is hard as he feels no one is listening to what he says this is why if I could do it I would

Good morning
It really does need to be your sons application again - the courts will start to listen if she is continually flaunting the same.
You can make your own application but you would also need to go to mediation first and ask permission of the court - but if she's ignoring his then she'll likely ignore yours.
The court needs to know that she still isn't complying.
Kind Regards