How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1368
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Can I just as a grandparent return to court and enforce the

This answer was rated:

Can I just as a grandparent return to court and enforce the order at my exspence or does my son have to as the order is for him he is almost giving up as we just seem to be going backwards with it all
Thank you for your question.
If the court order is for the benefit of your son then he is the one that needs to make the application to the court to enforce the order.
There is of course - nothing to prevent you financially supporting your son from returning matters to court. It is often the position that other family members will help.
You could also make your own application to the court for a child arrangement order to spend time with your grandchild although in reality if the mother is ignoring your sons order then it would appear sensible to seek to enforce his order.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you