How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34911
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex has gone to the csa support witch i dont have

Customer Question

my ex has gone to the csa for child support witch i dont have a problem with supporting my children but the amount is something i just cant afford so i would have to give up my flat and move back home with her! the house is still in my name aswell so legally i can still live there! what would she have to do to make me leave legally!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. She would need to apply to the court if there are grounds for an occupation order.An occupation order is an order issued by the court which sets out who has the right to stay, return or be excluded from a family home. An occupation order doesn't change the financial shares in a home where that applied. It is usually a short-term measure and the length of time that it lasts will depend on your circumstances. In many cases an order will last for 6 or 12 months and some can be renewed.An order can only be made for a property where you both live, did live, or intended to live in as the family home. Happy to discuss. Please rate positively.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Were you married and how old are the children?
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How much do you earn and how much is the CMS assessment?