How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been separated from my husband years now and have

Customer Question

I have been separated from my husband for 2 years now and have never asked him for regular payments as he had 2 children to pay for from a previous relationship. however, those children are now 17 and 19 so I should imagine he will not be paying for at least one of them. so I now think I may be within my rights to expect him to contribute towards the up keep of our 2 children aged 10 and 12.
please advice
Sally k
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much does he earn?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no idea. that's why I can't sort it my self with government calculator. he will not tell me anything like that!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no idea

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
What did he earn when you were together?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
If he will not help you then you will need to apply to the CMS (new CSA) for an assessment to be made
You can start the process here
You will receive 16% of his gross income - and they will get the money directly from the Inland Revenue if need be
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details