How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My father has been living with a woman long time but

This answer was rated:

My father has been living with a woman for a long time but not as man an wife as they don't share a bedroom and have their own financial arrangements do she have legal rights to say what happens to my father should he no longer be able to look after himself or do I as his only relative
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Who owns the property they live in?
Has your father signed a Lasting Power of Attorney at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The property is owned jointly both made separate wills neither of them have mentioned each other in their wills she has given her son power of attorney I'm going to try get it for my father but haven't got it at the moment

Has he told his doctor to treat her as his next of Kin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I take him to all his hospital appointments and see him on most days

In that case you need have no cause for concern - but do get the Lasting Power of Attorney registered as soon as possible
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you