How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I had a judicial order with my wife 4 years ago and now i have

Customer Question

I had a judicial order with my wife 4 years ago and now i have a wife goes against me in court for adultery.have you come across such case?do you have any cases in uk to support this case?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please can you confirm:
1) has your wife applied for divorce on the grounds of Adultery in UK courts?
2) do you want to be divorced?
3) if you don't want to be divorced on the grounds of adultery - have you defended the application ? Or put in your own petition for divorce?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Caroline,
my wife filed it in Malaysia.And sadly there is not much details regarding adultery in Malysia law after judiscial separation.yes,i want to divorce and i have file my case in it is a contested divorce case.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I heard that adultery after judiscial separation is not posdible.Is that true?is there any law or cases in uk which can support this?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response.
Given that your wife has filed in Malaysia then you will need a specialist who deals with Malaysian Law.
I will opt out to see if another expert can help you.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will wait then.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for contacting
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Malaysia, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi,i would like to keep my question open.Frankly,i think you are able to help case stucked on this issue-can a spouse has another relationship after judicially separated.The Malaysia law does not specifically says that and the judge requested to refer to UK law on this.I hope you as a solicitor in UK could help me to clarify this under UK law.thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you are not able to answer,can we close this conversation and refund me back the money as i am not satisfy with the answers and service.thsnk you