How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35039
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My 16 year old daughter (in full time education - A levels)

This answer was rated:

My 16 year old daughter (in full time education - A levels) has decided she'd rather live with me and see her mother a few times a week, effectively reversing the current situation. Does then mean I no longer have to pay my ex wife child support maintenance please?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youIf your daughter lives with you then Child Maintenance will no longer be payable to your ex indeed she will hav eto pay youPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even though my divorce consent order states I will pay? That was agreed on the assumption my daughter would live with her mother. Thanks
HiIf your ex tries to insist that you still pay then you will need to either apply to vary the court order OR apply to the CSA for a maintenance assessment against your exClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you