How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1431
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I have received a letter from my ex husband's solicitor enclosing

This answer was rated:

I have received a letter from my ex husband's solicitor enclosing notice of his intention to sever the joint ownership of the property.
As yet I have not signed this as I am unsure of where I stand by signing it.
Welcome to Just Answer
Thank you for your question.
I am a Solicitor. Your husband has sought to serve on you a written notice that the Joint Tenancy has been served.
If you don't sign the form then your husband can apply at the land registry to apply a restriction to confirm the position.
Basically if your husband was to die and you were still joint tenants then you would automatically inherit his share by right of survivorship. If the joint tenancy has been severed then you won't automatically inherit.
The steps that your husband do not stop you making a claim in relation to the matrimonial finances.
Kind Regards
Please remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you