How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My parents have both passed away, leaving a property. No will

Customer Question

My parents have both passed away, leaving a property. No will but. My brother says dad said he can live in house for as long as lives, myself and my sister wish to sell and split proceeds. ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Has your brother always lived with your parents?How much is the property worth?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
brother lived with them for past 15years approx since getting divorced, house value approx 260,000
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
What financial contribution did he make to the property in those years?
How much does a one bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?