How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am in an unhappy marriage, I work part time but my husband

Customer Question

i am in an unhappy marriage, I work part time but my husband is in charge of the finances, he has 2 houses both in his name, one rented one we live in.
I am desperate to leave him as he is an alcoholic albeit a high functioning one.
I am have 2 children 10, and 6. I have asked him to leave but he refuses to and has told me to get out.
I want to know my rights and where I stand. I have some savings.
Any help advice would really help, is there a way i can get him to leave but still have him apy money towards the children / bills/ mortage ???
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youIs there any violence involved?Clare