How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35047
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son split from his girlfriend over three years ago both

Customer Question

Hi my son split from his girlfriend over three years ago both names are ***** ***** mortgage but he couldn't take her name off for five years now the five years is up his ex is trying to claim half of the profit if my son sells the house. Is this possible as he has had to pay all the debts she left him in and he's the only one been paying the mortgage . Also they have a child who is four years old he's a fantastic dad and has him four times a week but things are getting awkward as she is trying to move away from they home town if he gets joint custody will he be allowed to do this .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
eHiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** i shall do my bets to help youHow much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?Is it a repayment or an Interest only mortgage?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
£61000 repayment mortgage
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
What is the value of the property and how much has been paid off the capital in the last five years