How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35086
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am supposed to pay children benefits until they "attain

This answer was rated:

Hello. I am supposed to pay children benefits until they "attain the age of 17 years or shall have finished full time education whichever is later". What does it exactly mean? I have been paying them benefits (to their mother) for the last 17 years and they are now 20 and 18 years old both pursuing a bachelor degree. At what age should I stop? What if they continue to study after attaining their bachelor degree? Thanks
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youDid you ever discuss whether it woudl end at Secondary or Tertiary education?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

unfortunately not. the phrase I have put in quotes is as is from the consent order

The definition of "full time education" is an area where there has been much discussion over the years.Whilst it can be argued that it means the end of secondary education the general consensus is that it is the end of First Degree.You can discuss the possibility of paying the children direct - although your ex does not have to agreeI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you