How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

No payment from birth, my son is now 18 years, I have never

Customer Question

no payment from birth, my son is now 18 years, I have never known the where abouts of this father,,,he is not on the birth cert...what can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
what do you want to achieve?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am very sorry but unless your son is still in Secondary Education then you can no longer make any claim form maintenance even if you know where the father now lives.
Even if he is and you do know where the father is I am afraid that any maintenance cannot be backdated.
I am sorry to give such bad news
Please ask if you need further details