How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1386
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My partner has kids with hes ex. age 3 & 1. she is refusin

Customer Question

my partner has kids with hes ex. age 3 & 1. she is refusin to any access plz need advice
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
Thank you for your question.
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
I am sorry to hear about the difficulties that your partner is experiencing with his ex in relation to spending time with his children.
It is a childs right to be able to spend time with both parents as long as there are no child protection concerns.
Your partner needs to formally write to his ex with his proposals in relation to spending time with his children.
Your partner also needs to make a referral to a mediation service. One such service is
Mediation will help assist with agreeing a schedule for your partner to see his children. If his ex wont attend and mediation and she doesnt respond to his letter - then he will need to make an application to the court for a Child Arrangement Order.
Your partner cannot make an application to the ocurt unless he has at least attempted mediation.
To make an application to the court he will need to complete Form C100 and send it to your local Family Court seeking a Child Arrangement Order to spend time with his children. The Court Fee is £215. Your partner needs to detail all the attempts that he has made to spend time with his children and how his partner has sought to frustrate this.
If your partner does not have parental responsibility for his children (by virtue of being named on their birth certificate or married to thier mother when the children were born) then he should also ask the court for a parental responsibility order.
Kind Regards
Please remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received. Your question will not cloase and I will be able to answer your follow up questions for free.