How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33534
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Claire Our court case has now concluded past

This answer was rated:

Hi Claire
Our court case has now concluded for the past 5 months.
My ex has text my father he wants extra 2 hours this saturday but I don't want to agree to it as contact is supervised by his family members and I believe longer hours won't be adhered.
When my father texts back no do we have to explain why we are refusing or can we just text saying sorry but this is not possible at the present time.
Please advise
I am adhering to the court order 10 til 4 every week but he has now missed 6 contacts throughout the year
You do boot need to increase his hours unless this is set out in the court order. I would be minded simply to advise that it is to acceptable for the increase rather than get into a debate with him as to the reason behind the reason. Happy to discuss. Please rate positively - thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The court order is in place for 10 til 4 supervised by his family members and this was decided by the judge and been made a final hearing. The reason the hours are limited is because he has a history of drugs alcohol and after 2 years of court case with 3 drug test which were all positive during the hearing the judge decided that no further increase in hours until clear drug test clear.

I would feel insecure and unsafe for the contact to be increased as I believe it would be too much for the supervisors who are his sister and mum to adhere to.

Can I refuse

Yes then if it is an extension of the court order then you can refuse. Please remember to rate positively - thanks
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you