How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33357
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Both my ex husband and I are of British nationality do I have

This answer was rated:

Both my ex husband and I are of British nationality do I have to have written consent to take my 9 year old daughter to Kenya for a month
Do you have a residence order in your favour? How long are you going for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no residencicy order but am going for a month to the day
You can only take a child out of the country for up to one month IF you have the benefit of a residence order (now called Child Arrangement Order) or a letter from the other people with parental responsibility (in this case the father's consent) confirming in writing their consent to the trip. If you can not get their consent then you would need an order of the court. If you do not do this then technically it will be child abduction. Happy to discuss - but please rate positive for the advice given
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have sought legal advice and apparently as long as I can produce evidence such as airline tickets to show I'm gong out for a month to the day I can but this apply to my 9 year old visa too
This advice is wrong. You need to get the father's consent. If you are unsure then have a look at the government's website in support of what I write - hope that this helps. Can you please rate positive
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you