How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35045
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Clare my ex wants me to compensate time Saturday

This answer was rated:

Hi Clare my ex wants me to compensate time for the Saturday he missed last week. The court order is 10 til 4 every saturday. I have missed none but he has missed 6 to date. If I agree this time I know the structure will fall and there will be arguments. Can I refuse. I did compensate with a telephone call for the Saturday missed. Please advise
HIWhy was the last contact missed?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He didn't state. He jut text an hour before the contact to say he won't be coming. He has missed 6 contact and all the contacts he only notifies us a day before, a few of them he has given reasons as not well, going holiday, supervisors are I'll ( the visits are supervised by his mum and sister)

He wants me to compensate 2hours extra this week for the contact missed but there are safeguarding issues because of his drugs and alcohol and I feel by allowing the 2 hours the supervisors won't be able to adhere as his mum is 70 and his sister has 4 kids where 3 have disability issues and I feel 6 hours is maximum they can mange

HiIf he missed the contact then there is no need for you to replace it - it is his responsibility UNLESS he has made arrangements with you in advanceExtending the contact in this way will simply set up a position where he can say it should be extended permanently.Clare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you