How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1371
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I want to divorce my husband,i am unemployed with no income.

This answer was rated:

I want to divorce my husband,i am unemployed with no income. will i be entitled to legal aid and if so how do i apply for it.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
The Rules for Legal Aid have changed and is only now available when Domestic Violence evidence can be obtained.
Domestic Violence has a wide definition.
If you suffered physical, emotional or financial abuse in the last two years and if you can get evidence and you also qualifies on means then you may be able to get legal aid and a solicitor to help.
Please see this link - in particular the GP letter - if your GP is satisfied that you are suffering from a condition such as stress as a result of her ex's behaviour and he completes the template letter - then you should take this to a Legal Aid Solicitor for a financial assessment.
You should also consider making a referral to a specialist mediation service to see if they can assist yourself and your husband agree arrangements re the matrimonial finances. One such service is
Kind Regards
Please remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you