How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter is 12 years old. She is living with her mum, I

This answer was rated:

My daughter is 12 years old. She is living with her mum, I am living separately. I see my daughter at weekends and pick her up from school once per week.
I do not want her to have the HPV vaccine now she is in year 8.
Her mum says she can. My daughter was born in 2002, what can I do?
Do I have any legal right?
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youWere you ever married to the mother - or has a Parental Responsibility been signed?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare
No. Just engaged for 5 years Nd lived together for two years 2003-2005
At present you do not have Parental Responsibility for the child - although even if you did only one Parent needs to agree for the vaccination to go ahead.If you feel strongly about the matter then you can still apply to the court for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent your ex agreeingto this - and then the Judge will decide.The starting point is to try and discuss this using Family discuss the matterI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you