How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex wife won't let me see my child

This answer was rated:

My ex wife won't let me see my child
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youHow old is the child and when did you last see him/herClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My child is one year old and I saw here three months agoOK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What should I do
The law says that children are entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforcethis if necessary.Your starting point is to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family that fails then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the time your child should spend with youIt is likely that Contact will start at a local Contact hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I spoke to a mediator and she contacted her and my ex said she doesn't want to negotiate
Then ask the mediator for the form you need to allow you to make the applictaion to the court using the form here
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you