How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33528
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Currently have a case on going with the father of my 2 children

This answer was rated:

currently have a case on going with the father of my 2 children who wants flexible contact an over night stays because of his work rota . I have said I have no objection to the contact or over nights stay but they must be on set days as my eldest son has ADAD and is sensitive to change in his daily plan there was also a court order put in place for myself an the father to follow it stated that every Monday between the hours or 3 an 6 my ex partner would pick the children up from school take them for tea then return them back to me at 6 pm my part was to ensure that the children was ready for him. my daughter has recently started nursery and because one of her days fall on his days of contact I suggested that he just go collect our eldest and spend the time with him plus it would of been a nice little surprise for him to spend time with his father with out having to share his fathers attention with his little sister. my ex partner simply said he was unwilling to b a taxi service an was going back to work . I am at a loss at what I should do next regarding my case
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What have you offered to replace the contact ?
Has there been a court order?
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33528
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou for your quick response to my on going court case

my ex partner has applied for a parental responsibility order with over night contact he is named on my sons birth certificate but not my daughters we had our first court meeting with cafcass an judge in july in Oldham where the judge put 1st order in place stating that my ex partner would have the children from 3 till 6 every Thursday which was working fine then when we went back to see judge again in the august she referred our case back to cafcass and sent us to Manchester an parent planning but changed my ex partner days to a Monday I did inform the court that my daughter would b starting nursery soon but was unsure on time an days as it happened my daughter settled into nursery quiet easily she was given the Monday after noon as one of her sessions . my ex partner only had two more Mondays to do until we were due back in court this month but was unwilling to do this .I did suggest that he could get our son from school and I would get our daughter and meet him at drop off point at 6 pm but his answer was he was now back at home and was not planning on moving ? this is why I'm a little confused as to what to do now and what to expect. I have tried to get legal help but it seems if your not in an abusive relationship or in fear for your life you cant get legal help even though you get the benefits that say you can . that is why I have got incontact with this web site. please help an advice me thankyou

so I am clear how will the nursery affect his Monday contact?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my daughters hours are from 12.30 pm till 5.30 pm on Monday she has only just started and I thought because we only had two more weeks to go before we were back in court he wouldn't object to the change as I was suggesting he had one to one time with our son

As frustrating as it is if he will not agree to the change I would maintain the current arrangements so that you are not in breach of the order. I would email him to state that you are prepared to offer a new date or time and that you consider that his approach is not being child focused or indeed in the welfare of the child. I would then take a copy of the email to the court when you are back next. I do see the court having a problem in changing the dates to ensure that the child can attend nursery going forward. I think this strategy, although annoying which ensure that you are on the right side of the judge for next time. I hope that helps. Please rate positive.
I hope that this helps- please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou so much for all your help an advice Thomas it really helped me with my case sadly my ex partner was being difficult in our last court appearance so the judge has now told us both to do statements an have them returned before our next court appearance at the end of this month many thanks


My pleasure come back as necessary - there are books on Amazon about how to represent yourself in the family courts which would also help