How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33373
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Please can you advise, my granddaughters have been in my life

This answer was rated:

Please can you advise, my granddaughters have been in my life for 7 years, I have been there more or less 24/7 for my daughter, not normal grand daughter duties, my daughter since October has been involved with her boyfriend who does not like me, I actually said back in October he will get rid of me. Which now he has, My 3 year old granddaughter told me that he takes her to mummys bedroom when she is naughty and puts the hoover in her face and scares her, I was horrified, she also said it in front of her auntie, trying to think what to do I wrote to the doctor, he has advised social services whom I will contact tomorrow.In the meantime I tried to be normal and take the childrens comics round, normally if we have an argument my daughter lets me in we don't speak, but I play with the kids, this time she told me to go away, admittly I sat on the door step and rang the door bell 6 times I know that was wrong but that's all I did, well within less than 40 minutes of my arrival the police were there, If they knew all of the back ground as well as yourself, you would totally understand how shocked myself and family members are, She not only wont let me see the children but tonight when there aunty said would you like to speak to nana, my daughter would not allow them. and the children said we want to speak to nana but mummy wont let us,Obviously there is so much more to tell you, Im so afraid as my daughter in the past couple of weeks is twisting all the truth to confuse the children, To see the fear in my 3 year old grand daughters face and her behaviour change, to which my daughter begged me to have her to calm her down, but because of what my granddaughter came out with during the few days, my daughter says she is making it up lieing and so on, I believe my granddaughter, Please help, thank you
Well you have done the right thing. Social services will now need to carry out an investigation into the allegations and make sure that they consider that the child is safe. They will have some very clear concerns and be interested to see whether the child makes any further allegations. Do you have a specific question?
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33373
Experience: Over twenty-five years experience
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Grandparents have no automatic right to have contact with a child - they do not even have an automatic right to apply to the court for contact.
HOWEVER where there has been a close relationship with the child the Court WILL allow you to make the application to the Court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out time you can spend with the children
The starting point is try attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting with a family mediator
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details