How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33361
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

If our home is just in my husbands name can I ask him to leave

Customer Question

if our home is just in my husbands name can I ask him to leave after years of abuse
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Yes you can. If he refuses to leave then you can if the abuse is ongoing apply to the court for an Occupation Order. An Occupation Order regulates who can live in the family home, even when it is in their name and can also restrict your abuser from entering the surrounding area. If you do not feel safe continuing to live with your partner you may want to apply for an occupation order. The CAB or Womens Aid will assist you with the form as will a solicitor. Happy to discuss.Please rate positive.