How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My name is***** a divorced mother of 2 young children,

This answer was rated:

Hi my name is***** a divorced mother of 2 young children, I'm having communication problems with the children's father and I want minimal contact as he is calling me controlling in front of children when he is the one that's controlling, that's one of the reason we split up. Hope u can help
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youHow old are the children and what sort of problems are you having?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My children are 3 and 4months and 4 and 8months. I can't communicate with my ex as he is controlling and if things don't go his way then it's no way. Last Monday he called me controlling in front of the children, I went over my mum's to calm my son down as his father was trying to take his jumper off and he didn't want his jumper taken off and he drove away and he was supposed to be having the children for a couple of hours.

Thursday night he rang me and said he needed to talk to me about something and he asked me if I was going to stop shouting and raising my voice in front of kids, I said I don't know what your talking about and asked him wot time he was picking children up tomorrow (fri) as he was meant to b having them overnight. He repeated the same question several times so I said when your ready to tell me when you are picking up children then ring back. I didn't hear from him and he didn't turn up for children either

Not sure on wot to do as can't take much more, I want minimal on tact between me and him but don't want kids affected. He due to have them Monday for a couple of hrs after school wot should I do if he doesn't turn up? ?

Hope you can help

Is there actually a set pattern of contact or do you have to arrange it each time
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's supposed to b every Monday after school til 6 and on Friday after school til Saturday morning

The way forward is to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation

so that you are not on your own when you speak to him.

You can then agree a parenting plan and use a communication book to minimise future contact.

Please ask if you need further details