How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been with my partner yrs, married . We've

This answer was rated:

I have been with my partner for 10 yrs, married for 6.
We've lived in the same house for 10 yrs. My name is ***** ***** the mortgage and my husband always insisted that it shouldn't be as he's paying all the bills.
He's been made redundant recently and we had planned to immigrate to my homeland. We were going to let out the property so we could have a small income and be able to make the mortgage payments. Then without warning my husband decided to sell. The house is on the market as we speak. We've been having marital problems since we got Married but I really wanted my marriage to work am still here as we speak. I've been neglecting sexually for almost 4 years but I love my husband and otherwise we're good together.
He's an only son and his mum has have a lot of influence on his life and is always dictating what he should and shouldn't do. Anyway her advice to him is to sell out home and buy s property only in his name, so if it doesn't work out when he moved with me to my home country he will have a house here to come back to. I find this extremely hurtful and am beginning to question my marriage and if it was a sham. His mum even went that far to say that he will loose his inheritance if he keeps me in his life and if he doesn't buy a house of his own. I really need some advice!!
Please help!! I worked as a carer but left to to back pains and depression. I am at home full time since last September. I don't have any assets or savings and am confused and frustrated. If I leave him without a divorce I will get nothing and only a broken heart!! What do I do????
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youWhat would you like to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
should I get a divorce or should I allow my husband to buy himself a house without my name on it??
Where will the new house be purchased?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It will be purchased in England where we currently live in the same county as his mums.
She advised him to do that so she could keep an eye on his property.
We've discussed other areas but I know that's where he wants to be.
Do you have children together?Do you actually need the money to move abroad?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no we don't have children as his mum was totally against it and as I've said she's been in our lives from day one. If I return to my home country. I return to nothing as I lost my parents at a young age and only have my siblings struggling to make ends meet over there. I've left them to come to England when I met my husband. My parents never left us a home or any security so the answer is yes we do need money if we're going to immigrate. My husband have never committed to be sexually and we are currently going through fertility treatments which only just started but that will have to be once again push aside. I was diagnosed with fibrosis in the last 3 years. As I said were not intimate and haven't been for almost 4 years. But I've been trying everything to make my marriage work. I feel used and hurt. He says he loves me and don't want a divorce but I think that's just because of his money etc.
So far as UK family law is concerned is does not matter whose name is ***** ***** title deeds - in the event of a divorce you would still have a claim on theproperty.However what is more important is whether or not it is worth continuing with the relationship at allIf you decide not to and instead apply for a divorce you will have a financial claim on the Matrimonial HomeI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will I have a claim on the new house even if I left the country permanently?? As we won't be living in the house he's thinking about purchasing and his intentions is to rent it out and go with me back to the Caribbean?? How will that affect me if he returned without me??
Will I still have any claim on his property or finances or will his mum be able to stake a claim if in an event of his death?? Will I have any rights at all after being away for a period?? I have dual citizenship. But know real ties to him in England.
If the divorce is in England you would certainly still have a claim on the property - and the percentagewill increases the longer you are married
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your feedback I really appreciate it. I feel a bit better now.
Kind regards *****
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Me too!!
Thank you. Xx
I am sorry to ask but could you leave feedback as otherwise you stay on my list and I have to keep responding (not that that isn't a pleasure of course - but you may think I am stalking you!)
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you