How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35214
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughters two special needs children ,who are 15/16 have

This answer was rated:

My daughters two special needs children ,who are 15/16 have gone to live with their father .
She has always looked after them until this last 6 weeks.
She is feel they are being brainwashed and cannot get contact with them except on the doorstep of her ex husbands house .
Please tell me who can help ??
As because if their ages ,there seems to be no help at all.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youWhat are their Special needs?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kodee is 16 and is autistic and profoundly deaf uses cochlear implant ,
Colby is 15 just profoundly dear and wears a cochlear implant
Why did they move to their fathers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She has always looked after them and they have social skills .
Colby was due take GCE s this year but he moved her from this excellent school and put her into a special measure new school ,she has not stated yet .
They have always had regular contact with their dad ,she went fir part of the Summer holidays and said she wanted to stay .
Kodee wanted 50/50 but then changed his mind .
Their father dies not work and has also three other small children who he sees at weekends and one day during the week .
He also wants then 50/50 from his second wife now divorced .
My daughter divorced him 13 years ago .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Social services say they cannot help .
She can't afford going to court .
Have the children said why they want to move?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes to social services .
Also their mother .
But as it is very difficult to put down here but we know from previous experience with their dad ,he likes full control and we feel he has brain washed them he never shuts up talking .
We really feel for their mental health but have no idea how to go about this
Have the children said that they do not wish to see their mother?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No not to social services but my daughter has tried over and over again to see them on neutral ground but they will not and want her to go to them where they Dad is .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She has not seen her daughter for 8 weeks except to hand over her clothes .
Kodee has not been there as Long and did come on holiday with us three weeks ago where he was fine .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will have to go soon as I am 76 and severe Osteoarthritis .
Given their ages there is little point in a court applictaion in any event as their ages mean the Court will respect their wishes.However another option would be for your daughter to arrange to attend Family mediationwww.familymediationhelplineand use a mediator trained to work with young people so that their wishes can be the focus of discussionsOther than that all she can do is stay in touch with their schools to try and keep communication open.I am sorry that there is no other option availablePlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She has been to mediation twice but he will not attend for an interview
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well Thankyou but I'm afraid you have not told us anything new .
It is very upsetting
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Has she used a Mediaotr who works with young people - he may be happier if they are involved and feel he can control the process more
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am sorry - I cannot change the law no matter how much I wish I could.

However a Court applictaion need cost her only the Court fee of £215 - less if she is entitled to fee remission

Whilst the outcome may not be what she wishes it will at least ensure that some form of Contact away from Dad takes place