How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33372
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

There, I hope you can help - I've got a bit of an unusual

This answer was rated:

Hi there,
I hope you can help - I've got a bit of an unusual situation I think. I'm married to the father of my 2 kids (3 & 5yrs) and we live in the same house. however, we no longer have any kind of relationship - we simply cohabit for the sake of the kids. Is it possible to get a legally binding contract drawn up whereby we both agree to our roles and responsibilities/house rules. The house is big enough for us to live separate lives under the same roof, but I want to avoid any disagreements in front of the kids. I think some kind of cohabitation agreement might help here. Is this possible for married couples? Many thanks in advance for your help. Laura Stevens
You are both perfectly entitled into entering any agreement or schedule , written or otherwise which sets out your role and indeed responsibilities within the home. You could also speak to Relate to see if they can help with the relationship generally. You do not need a solicitor to draft such an agreement - this could be drafted by you both and then both have copies. Happy to discuss - please rate positive
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you