How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Married years with 2 kids. Husband abscorned and stops

Customer Question

Married for 10 years with 2 kids. Husband abscorned and stops paying the morgage for a year.. The bank wants to reposses the property .
I'm the wife but my name isn't on the morgage but I have interest in the property. I also have proof of my contribution on the deposit.
What do I do to stop repossesion and ne a party to the morgage?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youDo you know where your ex is and can you afford the mortgage payments yourself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i can afford the mortgage payment . I have an address of where he stays and his contact number but he isn't responding .
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Have you started making the payments?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
since o went to court last month I have made a payment. But the bank is not agreeing to negotiate with me except he contacts them and gives aurhourisation
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately they cannot speak to you without his permission - but if you keep up the payments plus something off the arrears each month you can postpone any action whilst you are resolving the issue.

Are you willing to start divorce proceedings?