How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33637
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My partner and myself are breaking up after 21 years, as he

Customer Question

my partner and myself are breaking up after 21 years, as he has been seeing another women for the past 3 years.
the house i have lived in for the past 28 years, i put his name on the mortgage 10 years ago, i also had an endowment policy which i paid £28K off 2 years ago, and now he thinks he is entitled to 50%. He also got made redundant at least 5 times in the 21 years and i kept him.
Would he be entitled to 50% of the property?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
When you put his name on the mortgage did you enter into any deed of trust? Do you know how the property is held?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did not know that you charged monthly and ongoing for this service, it was not until i had put in my card details that this message appeared, so please CANCEL all services, and do not take any money.
I have instructed my bank to cancel these