How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33373
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Not sure if you can. Ive been married years. The marriage

Customer Question

not sure if you can. Ive been married for 29 years. The marriage is over and has been for a while. I dont work i spent my life bringing up two children and looking after them and my husband. I dont know if im entitled to anything or any help if I leave.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
The starting point after such a long marriage will be that you are entitled to at least 50% of all of the assets. The court starts at 50-50 and will work up or down depending on circumstances and need. This will include obviously the house and pensions etc. I would think about seeing a matrimonial finance solicitor. But in answer to your specific question - yes you will. Please remember to rate positive.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.

I hope that this helps - please rate positive - thanks