How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35211
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Claire, Am I right to say I have a year to complain to

This answer was rated:

Hi Claire,
Am I right to say I have a year to complain to legal ombudsman. I know their website says 6 months but when I went to meet a solicitor she Sd its a year now and website not updated. Pls advise
HiHow far have you taken the complaint?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I complained to principal then the fee earner and then I was suppose to escalate it to ombudsman in march but forgot. Going through my paper. work and remembered chkd their website statss 6 months but a solicitor SD it he changed to a Year

Apply as soon as possible - the deadline is flexible in any event
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you