How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33372
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I live with my partner who is alcohol dependent and smokes

This answer was rated:

I live with my partner who is alcohol dependent and smokes weed. He can get verbally abusive towards me and I wish to leave We have a 8 yr old son with special education needs. My partner will not let me leave with our son. Can he stop me
If he gets verbally abusive you have a couple of options - either involve children services with the LA or apply to the court for a non molestation and occupation order if you are scared of him. An occupation order would remove him from the property. The safety of your child should be your paramount consideration. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you