How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I was divorced in 2006 and had a court order

This answer was rated:

I was divorced in 2006 and had a court order for child maintenance, I happily paid the maintenance through the court. A few years later my ex wife asked the CSA to get involved as she thought I should pay more, the CSA took over the case and I went through the whole process again and re agreed a figure which has been recalculated upwards several times. My children are now 18 and 16 the 18 year old is working through a temping agency and has finished her A levels at college, she is applying to University and has a placement in March 2016, my youngest child is 16 has left school and now has an apprenticeship working as a hairdresser, she attends college one day a week, but is fully employed by the salon. consequently I have contacted the CSA to inform them of the status, in my opinion I have just paid Septembers maintenance and I believe that my maintenance is now complete, however my ex wife says that the old court order still applies and I have to continue paying full maintenance until the youngest is 21? who is correct
Thanks in advance
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youThe day that the CSA assessment was made it fully replace the Child Maintenance part of the Order.Your ex would have to make a further application if she wishes to resurrect the order - and that is not likely to succeedI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How will I know if she is going to try and resurrect the order?

will I get notification from the court that she is attempting to do this or shall I simply contact the court office myself?

The problem I have, is that I am currently working in South Korea and only travel home every 12 weeks, so I am worried that an application could be made in my absence and I would be totally unaware, only to find a letter upon my return.

I would like to point out that I am not an absent father and have been an integral part of my children's life's and have always paid what was due.

I just need closure from my ex wife's constant demands for money. Hope you understand my plight

Thanks again

You would have to be given notice - and I suspect she has no idea of the factsThere cannot be a hearing without you being aware of it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks that really helps

You are welcome - I hope all goes well