How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Would like some advice regarding my two boys, I have in my possession money that

Customer Question

Would like some advice regarding my two boys, I have in my possession money that was given to the boys my members of my family (eg my mother) to spend whilst they stayed with me at weekends, the mother has now requested that the money to be given to her as she thinks i shouldn't be in possession of the money does she have the right to request this money to be handed over ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
why do you have this money? is it simply a gift from your mother?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
Your ex has no right to ask for these funds - you are fully entitled to hold them and use them for the benefit of your children as you think fit
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details