How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33534
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

On behalf of my fiance, he has in his possession money given

This answer was rated:

On behalf of my fiance, he has in his possession money given to his boys by members of his family (eg his mother) to spend whilst staying weekends with him, his ex wife has now requested that this money is handed over to her because she says he shouldn't
be in possession of, does she have the right to request for the money to be given to her?
why does she have this money? is it purely a gift?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She doesn't have this money, my fiance has the money but she is requesting he hands it over
I see but why is your fiancees mother giving him the money? Is it a gift?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it was given to the boys to spend whilst staying the weekend's with their dad on the understanding that the money was kept by my fiance
Then the money is for him to do as he wants with the money - he is not under any obligation to give the money to the children's mother. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive
Thomas Judge and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that does thanks very much