How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33371
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I have a strange question. I have a child with my

This answer was rated:

I have a strange question.
I have a child with my ex Lian who is 18 months old. She has written to CSA and put in place regular child maintenance payments.
For the CSA to work out those payments I disclosed to the CSA that I had a previous child who is 17 which ment that my recent ex,s money went down.
The CSA disclosed the fact that I had a second child to Lian who has written to a solicitor asking for all the details of the second child.
The solicitor has quoted article 8 of the Human Rights Act saying that my 18 month old has an entitlement to known who is brother or sister is.
Want legal rights do I have not to disclose this information to her.
You are not under any legal obligation to provide any such information to her if you decide that you do not want to. Whilst it can be argued that it is beneficial to the half siblings to have such a relationship - they can not force you to provide such information. The reason is that there are balancing rights - to a private life also under Art 8. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you