How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33524
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

My uncle passed away earlier this year, his wife ( my aunt)

This answer was rated:

My uncle passed away earlier this year, his wife ( my aunt) is in a care home. He appointed the gardener as executor, is it possible for me to see a copy of the will, as the information on what is happening to my aunts assets is slim. I understand she is currently funded under continuing care funding for her place in the care home, but this is under review and may be withdrawn. If this is the case she will need to declare her finances. Thanks June
Strictly speaking the executor does not need to show you the will under the have dealt with probate whereupon it becomes a public document. You can of course ask the executor either to see it or for a copy but he is not obligated to provide same. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you