How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If a child is born in Scotland but the mother is English and

This answer was rated:

If a child is born in Scotland but the mother is English and from England can she conduct child custody through English courts rather than Scottish?
HiThank you for your question.My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youThe question of which Court should be used depends on where the child currently livesIf the Child live sin Scotland then that us where the Court case should take place; equally if the child is in England then the Court case would be herePlease ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you