How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1439
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

How much would it roughly cost to take the father of my child

This answer was rated:

how much would it roughly cost to take the father of my child to court?
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please may I ask:
- how often is your ex using cocaine?
- what is the current regime for contact and how long has that been in place?
- do you have any other child protection concerns about your ex?
- have you considered mediation?
- has your ex been physically, emotionally or financially abusive towards you in the last 2 years?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
last time of my knowledge i knew my ex took cociane was on the 30/09/15.
when we were together and even when i was pregnant he took the drug most evenings of the week. on an extreme dose.
i allow him to come to my flat to see her every thursday.
the only other concern with the child protection is if he has day trips with my daughter in the future he lives with another man who takes the drug with him and they often have friend come over to join in. so i fear he will take her into the environment without me knowing.. other drugged of men around my little girl. which can be very hard, as he can be unreasonable.
no i talk to nicholas, on my own behalf for me and our child.
my ex has been physically and emotionally abusive to me in the past one incident when i was pregnant. flipping me 3 months pregnant in a chair but i never reported it to the police.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
*no i talk to nicholas, on my own on behalf of me and our child. which can be very hard, as he can be unreasonable.many thanksamelia
Hello Amelia
Thank you for your response. I am really sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are experiencing.
If your ex is a prolific drug user and this will impact on him caring for you daughter - then you have a duty to protect you daughter. Supervised contact is considered safe contact although I am concerned that with you currently supervising that this could be putting you at risk. I am also concerned that your daughter might currently be witnessing your ex acting aggressively towards you? Perhaps give consideration to someone else supervising - someone you can trust - that person putting your daughters interests first and not allowing the contact to happen if your ex is under the influence of drugs.
I totally agree that your daughter should not be made available for overnight contact with her father if he is currently residing in a shared property with other known drug users.
If your ex doesn't agree with your proposals then the onus is upon him to make an application to the court for a child arrangement order. Just because he makes an application does not mean that he is automatically correct. The court will take on board your concerns about his drug use and his shared accommodation with other drug users when they come to decide what order to make.
If your ex wanted to make an application to the court then he would need to refer the matter to mediation first. Mediation try and help resolve matters without the need to go to court. You could ask for separate appointments.
You may be able to get legal aid and a solicitor to if you can obtain domestic violence evidence. As your ex has not been charged you need alternate evidence. See link below in particular the GP letter. Take the template letter to your GP and explain what happened with your ex. If your GP is satisfied that you are suffering with a condition such as stress as a result of your ex's behaviour and he completes the letter - take this to a Family Lawyer who deals with Legal Aid so that they can assess your means.
Kind Regards
Please kindly remember to rate positively . No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you