How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34909
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband doesn't pay any house keeping,hasn't done

This answer was rated:

My husband doesn't pay any house keeping,hasn't done for well over a year, I have a son, my marriage has broken down I want a divorce my husband doesn't as he says it will cost him to much, we don't own our home.i want him to leave.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further details first.How old is your son and what income do you each have?What savings are there?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's not about money as my husband doesn't work full time he's on zero hours I work full time, my son is coming up to sixteen. My husband is in debt and is sorting this, he has been for advice to see how he stands and been told he is responsible for my son and he will lose half of his pension to me, hence why he will not agree to a divorce. With the house I asked for him to be put on the tenancy which that have done, but we have not signed anything, I am not after any money as I am paying all house hold bills myself. How do I go about getting him out.?
I note that you have given a negative rating - although at this stage I am still gathering the information needed to give you a meaningful answer - sadly I am aware that the site mechanics make this appear to be the only way forward - rest assure dit is not and I will do my best to try and help you resolve the matterI am a little confused - is his name on the tenancy or not?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's a good question? I don't see how he can be on the tenancy if we have not signed the tenancy together, the housing association say the only way to get him out is by a court order. I thought you had to sign a tenancy to be on it? So I don't no where I stand.
Your starting point today is to call and ask if his name is ***** ***** the tenancy - once we know that then I will be able to help you with the next steps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes he is on the tenancy,
OkDo you actually want a divorce?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes but he won't sign any papers, as I would be entitled to half his pension.
If you use the Unreasonable Behaviour ground then he has no choice in the matter - he either has to defend the petition or it will go aheadOnce the divorce is underway you can apply to the Court for an Order transferring the tenancy into your name and forcing him to leave.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you