How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have separated from my husband I have our son and I currently

This answer was rated:

I have separated from my husband I have our son and I currently have the car but it is in my husbands name. It is not in hp but he took out a loan to pay for it. Do I have any rights on the car?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youThe car is one of the matrimonial assets (just as the loan is one of the matrimonial debts) and you do indeed gave a claim on it.Indeed if it is essential for the care of your child you are likely to keep it as part of the settlementI hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you