How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35059
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have two adult sons from a previous marriage and

This answer was rated:

I have two adult sons from a previous marriage and one adopted son together with my second (current) husband. These men are all in their 40's. If my husband leaves equal shares to the three boys (assuming I die first) in his Will, is this legal or could the adopted son contest the Will as the other two never were adopted by my husband?
Susan Kirschner
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you Which part of the Uk are you in and do you believe that there is a real risk involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm in Buckinghamshire. My husband is Austrian and there the adopted son may contest the Will claiming 50%. I wondered if the law was similar here. We are updating our Wills on account of having sold the house and downsizing to an apartment plus our Executor has emmigratef to Australia so we want to appoint someone else. Regards, Susan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there? Did you get me reply?
My apologies for the delayIn England and Wales you are entitled to leave your property to whoever you wish - but you do need to make provision for anyone who is financially dependent on you.On that basis there are no grounds on which your son could contest the provisionI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much. That is exactly what I wantef to hear.

You are most welcome